Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm not very good at this...

I was doing ok at blogging, then, like most new projects I take up, I forgot about it for a while. So, I'm back, and I finally brought pictures from my trip to Georgia and Azerbaijan. Georgia pics first:
This is our Brass Quintet, giving an impromptu performance on-stage at the State Opera and Ballet Theatre in Tbilisi:
The five of us were also the main event at an evening open-air concert in the old town. News cameras were there, and I've never played anything anywhere where the local news was so interested! We posed on an old railcar afterwards. The guys, from L to R, are Daniel, Chad, Blake, and Dave:
These are some views from our hotel room in Freedom Square. I included the giant Coca-Cola sign, because it's in Georgian. :)



This is all 10 of us (Brass Quintet is in the back, and the Woodwind Quintet is in the front) following a concert at the Tbilisi Conservatoire Recital Hall. The man and woman in front are the US Ambassador to Georgia and his wife.

My favorite drink-they had various fruity flavours, but I loved the Tarragon one. It was green!
And for fun, a picture of some of us enjoying our last night in the country. I've never tasted national cuisine that was as delicious as traditional Georgian food, which surprised us all, since this country isn't really something you hear about when discussing such things. After stuffing ourselves in a wonderful restaurant, we enjoyed a shot of an interesting "Wodka" that was either called Cha-cha or ja-ja, or possibly neither one, since no matter how we said it, the waiter corrected us ;) Nonetheless, it could possibly put hair on your chest!

No comments: