Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm a Recording Star!

I'm not, really, but I spent this past week in a recording studio with my unit, making a Christmas CD. We did some band stuff, the chorus is recording, the dixie band, the jazz band, and a small brass group are all contributing, and I think it's going to be nice. Here are a few pics of our brass group recording Joy to The World (I'm the only girl, besides the conductor) :)



In other news, our kitties are *loving* their new home, and we can't get enough of them. They are very lovey-dovey (especially Darwin), and of course, playful. It's been a little too hot to play much this week, though. Unfortunately, this week, according to the news, has been the hottest it has been in Germany since 2003. Having not lived in Germany in 2003, that means nothing to me, but apparently, that was an incredible heat wave, and people here aren't really used to the kinds of temperatures we are having right now. So, the kitties have started a play-strike, and they spend most of the daytime hours laying on the cold(-ish) kitchen floor, sometimes playing with ice cubes.

Unfortunately for me, and the rest of my unit, we had a ceremony today that, for some stupid Army reason that will never make sense to me, was changed from 10am to 2pm. That's right, at the absolute hottest part of the afternoon, some General insisted on having all of his soldiers stand a parade rest in the sun for an hour while listening to speeches that nobody there cared about. That's what I call "Soldiers taking care of Soldiers."

Anyway, now I'm going to put the hot laptop away, so I can lie on the couch with the fan aimed right at my face, and try not to pass out from heat exhaustion. :) Why, oh why, don't Germans believe in air conditioning?

No comments: