I just got back last night from a trip with my new band. We went to Bremen to perform in an
international tattoo. We were there from the 21st, and it was so much fun! The trip was a great way to get to know the people I've just started to work with, and I already feel like I have made some good friends. I'm already loving it here! We spent many hours on a bus getting there, had a couple of very boring rehearsals, and spent the rest of the time doing performances (6 over the course of 4 days). Some of the bands were very entertaining, or at the very least, interesting. There was a Portuguese mounted band, and it was kinda cool to see them performing a show while coercing the horses into formations. We saw regular shows, from the Taiwanese and the British, very elaborate tribal costumes from the Mexicans, there was a very cool bicycle band from Norway, and an entertaining mariachi/hat dance kind of show, also from a Mexican band. I don't really remember who else was there, but it's always fun to go on these trips and meet lots of people. The Brits were my favorite (probably everyone's), as they hung out with us in a pub a few nights in a row, drinking, talking, singing karaoke, and just being very fun, and definitely the coolest group of people I've met on any of these trips I've done.
Just for fun, I'll share some of my silliness :)
My friend Matt (with whom I also served in the band at Ft. Gordon) and I:

My new horn section (well, some of them; 3 of the 4 who were on this trip), Kira and Larry:

I feel like this pic of me and Dave needs some explanation, but I really can't come up with any!

A small group of us visited the
Thein Brothers at their shop. These are the horn and trombone guys who were there (the trumpet players got their own picture):

And lastly, one of my faves, my coworker Daniel and I, hanging out with Mick and Kayleigh from the British Army Air Corps Band, at karaoke night.

Such a fun trip! Now I have 2 days off, then it's back to work. :-/
No comments:
Post a Comment