Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today was a good day.

My first day in a new job went well. There seems to be some confusion between my old/current boss and my new/future boss about how I'm supposed to (or not, as the case may be) split my time with them. I'm sure that will all get ironed out. All I can do is show up where I'm told and hope for the best.

Brian is on night shift again this month. That's the worst. On those days, I leave in the morning by 6 for PT, then he comes home from work after I'm gone, promptly falling asleep. When I come back, I hate to wake him, not to mention I have only a little time to shower, get dressed, and make it back to work for the day. So, the afternoon when I come home is the only time we get together, and that's shortened by his need to get ready, eat a quick dinner, and leave before 5:30. Add to that the fact that his "weekends" sometimes fall in the middle of the week, so while he may be home all day, I still only get to see him in the evenings, and then when I'm home on the weekends, he's resting during the day, and working all night. These months are always the worst. Only 2 weeks of it though, the first one being halfway over already, and it'll be back to normal for a while. Well, until the next month.

No comments: